Join us for a free screening of Girl Rising, a documentary film about the strength of human spirit and the power of education to change the world.
There will be a brief reception at 5:30 pm, followed by the film at 6, and an engaging discussion and critical dialogue to follow about girls' education in both international and local contexts.
After welcome remarks by University of Wisconsin–Madison Dean of Students Lori Berquam, the discussion will be moderated by Professor Nancy Kendall of UW-Madison's Department of Educational Policy Studies.
- Hilary Shager, Associate Director for La Follette School of Public Affairs
- Kathryn Moeller, Assistant Professor, Education Policy Studies
- Lori DiPrete Brown, Executive Director, Women's Well-being in Wisconsin and the World Initiative
- Dora Zuniga, Former Executive Director of Big Brother Big Sister and Centro Hispano
- Selah Agaba, Doctoral Student, Anthropology & Educational Policy Studies
This event is sponsored by the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Education,The Wisconsin Collaborative Education Research Network, The Morgridge Center for Public Service, She’s the First, and the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education (WISCAPE).