Video from the recent panel discussion, Supporting Hmong Students at UW-Madison
, which was hosted by the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education
(WISCAPE), is now available on the WISCAPE YouTube channel
The Apr. 13, 2018, event focused on the experiences of Hmong American students at UW-Madison and ways that the university can better support them during their paths through college. It was cosponsored by the Asian American Studies Program
and the Center for Southeast Asian Studies
(CSEAS) at UW-Madison.
The following panelists were featured at the event:
- Douachong Lee, Multicultural Learning Community and Summer Collegiate Experience Program Coordinator, UW-Madison
- Myxee Thao, Student in Human Development and Family Studies and Center for Academic Excellence Scholar, UW-Madison
- Chee Chia Vang, Student in Community and Nonprofit Leadership, UW-Madison
- Goodson Vue, Assistant Director - College, PEOPLE, UW-Madison
- Kimberly Vue, Student in Social Welfare, UW-Madison, and President, WI aKDPhi
- Sa Seng Xiong, Advisor and Recruiter, School of Education Student Diversity Program, UW-Madison
- Yang Sao Xiong, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work and Asian American Studies Program, UW-Madison (moderator)
WISCAPE is housed within the School of Education's Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis.
Watch the video on the WISCAPE YouTube channel.