This inaugural symposium, hosted by the Center for Research on College-Workforce Transitions, will bring together scholars, practitioners, policymakers, and students to discuss the state of empirical research and best practices for college internships.
Speakers and panelists will include:
- Carrie Shandra (Sociology, Stony Brook University)
- Patrick McHugh (Labor & Industrial Relations, George Washington University)
- Matthew Hora (Liberal Arts & Applied Studies, UW-Madison)
- Tim Straight (Wisconsin Internship Initiative, Department of Workforce Development)
- John Nunley (Business, UW-La Crosse)
- Elizabeth Zachry Rutschow (MDRC)
- Janice Kenyatta (Internship Manager, Northampton Community College)
- Tim Alft (Student Employment Services, Waukesha County Technical College)
Panels at the symposium will also highlight the voices of students and employers who have recently been involved with internship programs, the value of translational or applied research to make empirical findings actionable and useable, and recommendations for future research, policy, and practice.
Cosponsors include the Interdisciplinary Training Program in the Educational Sciences (ITP), the Wisconsin Internship Initiative (WI DWD), SuccessWorks (UW-Madison, College of Letters & Science), and the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education (WISCAPE).
Cost: Free for college students; $25 for all other registrants.
Visit CCWT website to learn more and register.