Wednesday, March 07, 2018
12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
159 Education Building
Join the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education (WISCAPE) for an enriching conversation on how colleges and universities can enhance inclusivity for college students with disabilities. Among the topics to be highlighted are services offered, pedagogical practices, social outlets, and overall campus culture.
Panelists will include:
- Kirsten Brown, doctoral research faculty, Edgewood College, and researcher/author
- Brett Ranon Nachman, doctoral student and researcher, UW-Madison
- Leslie Stilson, accommodation specialist, McBurney Disability Resource Center, UW-Madison
- Sara Vogt, senior associate director, Center for Students with Disabilities, UW-Whitewater
- Elise Witmer, student and transition coordinator, McBurney Disability Resource Center, UW-Madison
- Sami Schalk, assistant professor of Gender & Women's Studies, UW-Madison (moderator)
Additional panelists will be announced. More information coming soon!
Following the panel, there will be an opportunity for Q&A.
This event is free and open to the public and is cosponsored by the McBurney Disability Resource Center at UW-Madison. Light refreshments will be served.
ASL Interpreting and CART captioning will be provided for this event. If other accommodations are needed, please contact Brett Nachman (email@example.com) by Friday, February 23, 2018.